Terms & Conditions
- General definitions. This agreement is between you, hereinafter referred to as “the customer”, and we, hereinafter referred to as “BabyBoomRent Cyprus”, for the rental of equipment and other related services requested by you and specified in our confirmation at the rental price agreed.
The renting services are subject to availability, and they refer to all kinds of infant and toddler equipment that can be rented by you through our online booking system at babyboomcyprus.com, hereinafter referred to as “the equipment”.
Our equipment complies with all applicable European standards.
The pictures and texts on our website are not contractual, and there may be slight variations in colors or models that will not affect the quality of the equipment nor conditions of this agreement.
By accepting these terms and conditions you fully acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms stated below.
- Placing orders and confirmation. All orders must be placed through our online booking system, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone +35795959050, at least 48 hours before the start of the rental period. Upon receipt of your order by online booking, email or telephone, we will confirm the same by email or by telephone. This confirmation shall be carefully checked by you and any errors or queries notified to us within 48 hours of receiving such confirmation. If we receive no such notification, we will assume the details of the confirmation are correct and delivery will be effected as agreed.
- Rental price and deposit. At the time of placing an order, payment of the full rental price together with a refundable deposit must be made, unless otherwise agreed. The amount of rental price and the deposit is clearly indicated on each product page in our website. Payment can be made using our online booking system, with credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Maestro) or PayPal for orders made by phone or email. Other payment options will only be available where agreed by us at the time of placing the order.
- Cancellation and amendments. If you wish to cancel or amend your order already placed and confirmed by us, you are entitled to do it free of charge at any time up to 3 working days before the rental date. Where your order is cancelled/amended with less than 3 working days’ notice, a refund will be given of your deposit plus up to 50% of the rental price to cover any costs already incurred by us in processing your order, the same rule of covering additional costs may be applied to your orders amended less than 3 working days before the start of rental period.
If you need to return the equipment early, no credit or refund will be provided for the unused days.
BabyBoomRent Cyprus reserves the right to refuse or cancel an order due to reasons beyond our control, including stock insufficiency and/or unavailability. Our customers will be notified at the earliest possible time and a full refund of any payments made will be provided within 30 calendar days upon such notification.
At the same time, we also reserve the right to send an alternative item of equipment, other than specifically listed on our website, where this is necessary due to circumstances beyond our control. In this case, we will to put all our efforts to send an appropriate item matching the purpose of your rental and, where possible, will notify you of this beforehand.
- Delivery and pickup. We will deliver and/or pickup the equipment in accordance with our delivery policy as specified below, or you may collect and or/return the equipment from/to our shop in Limassol during normal working hours (09:00-18:00 Mon-Fri) or at any other time convenient to both parties on the first/last date of rental period or, if necessary, earlier by agreement.
Delivery and/or pickup will be made using a local courier service unless other arrangements are made at the time of booking. It will be subject to the delivery schedule provided to us by the courier. It is your responsibility to ensure someone is available at the delivery and pickup address on the dates agreed, charges may be incurred and deducted from your deposit due to a failure on your part to meet the courier.
- Use of equipment. You are responsible for checking the equipment immediately upon delivery to ensure it is undamaged, in good working order and fit for the intended purpose. If this is not the case, you must contact us immediately and we will try our best to substitute the items within 24 hours. Upon receipt of the equipment, and provided everything is in order, you must sign a delivery slip stating the equipment has been delivered in proper working order, it satisfies needs that you determined, and it must be returned in the same condition (normal wear and tear excepted).
Where applicable, manufacturer’s instructions can be found on each product page in our booking system at the time of placing an order. You are responsible for reading them carefully prior to using the equipment and for complying with these instructions whilst using the equipment.
You have full responsibility for the care and safekeeping of the equipment and will retain it in your possession and under your control at all times. You are responsible for ensuring that it is used in a safe manner only for the purpose for which it is supplied and in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and it is your responsibility to provide adequate supervision where appropriate.
- Extension of rental period. If you wish to extend your rental period, you are allowed to do so at any time before the end of rental period by giving a proper notice to us via email or telephone followed by our acceptance to do so. Any extension of the rental period may result in additional charges to you. In the event the initial (last paid) rental period is extended, the remaining amount should be paid latest within 3 calendar days after the end of the initial (last paid) rental period.
- Option to buy equipment. All equipment supplied remains the property of BabyBoomRent, unless you used an option to purchase the rented equipment before the end of rental period. The purchase price will be calculated as difference between the selling price specified by us at your request and actual rental price paid upon placing an order. After paying the full purchase price, the rented item passes into your ownership.
- Return of equipment. Provided the rented equipment is returned to us on the last or earlier date of rental period in the same condition as you received them (normal wear and tear excepted), and in the absence of any agreement to the contrary, we shall return the deposit to you in full provided the equipment was thoroughly inspected by us upon its return and no claims for damages and/or defects caused were raised by BabyBoomRent Cyprus within 14 calendar days.
- Damage and loss of equipment. If equipment is returned to us in an extremely dirty condition, in a condition that requires professional cleaning, with missing parts, otherwise damaged or broken, in condition in which it cannot be repaired, or is not returned to us for any reason at all, we reserve the right to retain some or all of the deposit paid. This covers loss of or damage to the equipment, or anything needed more than an acceptable level of cleaning.
- Liability waiver. By accepting and using the equipment, the customer and any user acknowledges that the equipment is being used at their own risk of loss or injury of every kind or nature. The customer assumes all responsibility for rented equipment while in their possession.
BabyBoomRent Cyprus, its employees, owners or affiliates will not be held responsible for accidents, injuries or damages caused directly or indirectly by the use or misuse of the rented equipment. The customer shall indemnify and hold harmless BabyBoomRent Cyprus and its employees, owners and affiliates against any and all claims, losses, damages or actions of any nature whatsoever arising from possession or use of the rented equipment.
- Miscellaneous. These terms and conditions, together with the information kept on our website, constitute the whole of our agreement relating to the rental of equipment to you by us.
This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Cyprus, and if any claim or dispute arisen fail to be resolved between the parties by means of negotiation, they shall be brought to relevant courts in Cyprus.
Nothing said by any of our employee and/or affiliates on our behalf should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions, and no variation of these terms and conditions shall have effect without our express agreement in writing.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.